Pesto and goats’ cheese mushroom burgers with caramelised Shallot toppingPosted on: 19 May 2017 by Eloise Craven-Todd
Perfect for a quick and easy vegetarian supper, the caramelised shallots make a really tasty topping.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 2 large Portobello mushrooms
- 8 shallots, peeled and quartered
- 4 tbsp vegetarian pesto, plus a little extra
- 1 tsp olive oil
- Half tsp sugar
- 85g round soft goats’ cheese
- 2 ciabatta rolls
- Pre heat oven 200c/180c fan/gas 6. Remove the stalks from the mushrooms and chop them very finely. Finely chop one of the shallots and mix it, and the chopped mushroom stalks, into the pesto.
- Place the whole mushrooms gill side up on an oiled baking tray, fill with the pesto mix and cook for approximately 15 minutes until softened.
- Whilst they are cooking place the shallots in a pan with the olive oil and sugar, cook over a low heat until softened and lightly caramelised.
- Top the mushrooms with the goats’ cheese and return to the oven alongside the ciabatta for a few minutes until the cheese is beginning to melt and the bread is warmed through.
- Serve in the split ciabatta topped with the shallots and an extra drizzle of pesto.
Cook’s Tip: The goats’ cheese can be replaced with gruyere or any other easy to melt cheese. Serve with a rocket and watercress salad tossed in a little lemon juice and olive oil.
Recipe provided by UK Shallots
Share with friends
- Food & Drink
- Home & Lifestyle
- What's on
Related Blog Posts
4 Apr 2017How to Smoke Pork Ribs
7 Aug 2016Campfire Recipes: Simple and easy rec...
2 Feb 2016Some Cool Stuffs to Drink this Summer