Walnut waffles with date drizzlePosted on: 16 June 2017 by Eloise Craven-Todd
With the crunch of walnuts and indulgently drizzled with date syrup, these waffles are perfect for a weekend brunch this Father's Day.
Preparation time: 45 mins
For the waffles
- 300g Spelt flour
- 1 and a half tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- Quarter tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 eggs
- 170ml buttermilk
- 170ml milk
- 40ml honey
- 50g melted butter (plus extra for greasing)
- 60g walnuts, toasted and chopped
- 2 bananas, sliced
For the sauce
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp walnut butter
- 30ml date syrup
- Pinch of salt
- Sift the flour, baking powder, salt and bicarbonate of soda into a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the eggs in a jug along with the buttermilk, milk, honey and melted butter.
- Whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until you have a smooth batter, and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- Grease your waffle iron liberally with butter, sprinkle in some of the chopped walnuts, and heat until hot.
- Cook the batter in batches until all the batter is used up, keeping the waffles warm as you go.
- In a small saucepan gently heat the coconut oil, walnut butter and date syrup to form a sauce, then stir in a pinch of salt.
- Serve with the waffles with the sliced bananas, drizzle with the date sauce, and sprinkle with toasted walnuts to finish.
Recipe provided by Californian Walnuts
Share with friends
- Food & Drink
- Home & Lifestyle
- What's on
Related Blog Posts
4 Apr 2017How to Smoke Pork Ribs
7 Aug 2016Campfire Recipes: Simple and easy rec...
2 Feb 2016Some Cool Stuffs to Drink this Summer