Why every woman deserves a powerhouse serum in her skincare regimePosted on: 15 December 2015 by Katy Hull
Katy Hull reveals the simple treatment that could help breathe new life into your complexion.
Skincare products have certainly come a long way over the years. When our mothers, and even our grandmothers were younger, they didn’t have the unlimited choices that we have at our fingertips. Soap and water and a pot of cold cream may have had to suffice…. simplicity was the key and perhaps the only option. No overwhelming choices, but also not the cutting-edge products we’re very lucky to have available today.
I spoke to you before about the huge blessing and perhaps the slight curse of the beauty industry. For some people it’s just all too overwhelming and confusing.
Don’t worry though, I’m going to share some information that will help ...
Although we can spend a lot of money on a whole range of different products - and believe me I love my own extensive choice of skincare products. I personally believe that every woman would seriously benefit from investing in a ‘Powerhouse serum’. The ‘Powerhouse’ being – a good quality, powerful serum loaded with effective active ingredients at a high enough concentration to make a visible difference to the look and feel of your skin.
Five reasons every woman would benefit from owning a ‘Powerhouse’ serum:
- A Powerhouse serum will be packed full of highly effective and concentrated active ingredients. I once heard someone refer to it as being like the espresso shot in your latte. I think she captured it perfectly! Think ‘potent’.
- A Powerhouse serum will be antioxidant rich, meaning it’s also protecting your skin from damaging free radicals, as well as repairing the skin. Free radical damage ages the skin at a much faster rate. Antioxidants promote a healthier more youthful appearance.
- A Powerhouse serum will target specific concerns such as – uneven skin tone, loss of firmness, wrinkles, dehydration, acne, skin-redness, enlarged pores, …. some are very targeted to one particular concern and some address a range of skin concerns in one hit.
- A Powerhouse serum can penetrate the skin easily and go to deeper layers of the skin to really target those concerns. Many serums contain ingredients that will stimulate the production of collagen, helping to firm the skin and soften the appearance of lines and wrinkles. This is vital as we lose collagen every year from around age 25. Some serums will help to plump up and hydrate the skin - making lines and wrinkles appear less obvious.
- A Powerhouse serum will be quite light in texture and when applied to the skin will sink in quickly, meaning you can then apply what you would normally use over the top. For example, a cream, oil, and/or an SPF cream – Please do use an SPF. Your serum is working hard to protect and repair your skin, don’t make its job even harder by not protecting your skin from UV rays.
A Powerhouse serum is potent, powerful and effective. However, not all serums are made the same. There are literally hundreds of serums on the current market, but it doesn’t mean that they’re all effective or that they’re right for you. Just because it’s a serum, it doesn’t mean it’s an effective one!
I was asked recently my opinion of a particular supermarket branded skincare range. I was honest. I have to admit that I have heard people raving about the products a few years ago. I remember looking at the ingredients list back then, and although I can’t really remember what was in them, I can remember not liking the sound of some of the ingredients. Look for clean skincare – no parabens or chemical nasties, please. What you put on your skin is absorbed into your body.
For me personally, I’m unsure of how anything that costs so little can be good to put on your skin – unless you’re mashing up avocados with yoghurt and honey to use as a face mask.
That’s also not to say that I think a product has to be super-expensive to be effective. I’ve used very expensive skincare products with far less results than what I get from my products now. I think some skincare prices are overinflated. However, quality does have a price.
Skincare is an investment. It’s an investment in YOU and your precious skin. It’s saying ‘The health of my skin is worth it’.
With regards to what’s good out there. There are many brands to choose from. Just make sure it’s clean from chemical nasties and it comes with a fantastic recommendation. Personally, I’m brand loyal to NCN Professional Skincare and have been for several years now. I used to jump from one brand to the next constantly seeking out diamond in the rough that would win my loyalty – finally I found it.
Now go and invest in yourself beautiful lady. Enjoy the feeling of investing in your skin health!
You can find the Powerhouse serums that I personally love, use and recommend – Here. [http://treattheskinyourein.com/product-category/anti-ageing-serums/]
If you’d like to read more of Katy’s blogs, you can find them at Treat the Skin You’re In.
Download Katy’s FREE Top 20 Tips to ‘Treat the Skin You’re in’
Share with friends
- Food & Drink
- Home & Lifestyle
- What's on
Related Blog Posts
21 Dec 20165 Ways to Look Good at 50
10 Dec 2016Best Hairstyles Available for Women O...
30 Sep 2016How to get the strawberry eye-makeup ...