Apple & cinnamon muffinsPosted on: 24 February 2010 by Mark O'haire
Try these delicious cinnamon-scented apple muffins which you can eat warm or cold.
- 75g Kerrygold butter melted and cooled slightly
- 175ml full fat milk
- 85g porridge oats
- 1 egg
- 125 plain flour
- 3tsp baking powder
- 75g caster sugar
- ¾ salt
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1orange zest
- 1 apple (Granny smith) peeled, cored and diced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
- In a bowl mix together the butter, milk, egg and sugar.
- In a separate bowl sieve together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and then stir in the oats (reserving a few to sprinkle on top of each muffin), apples and orange zest.
- Pour the wet ingredients onto the flour mixture and fold together as quickly as possible trying not to over mix (over mixing will result in a heavy muffin instead of a light one).
- When everything is mixed together, pour the mixture into muffin cups, ¾ fill each one, sprinkle the reserved oats on top and bake for 20 -25 minutes until well risen and golden brown.
Share with friends
- Food & Drink
- Home & Lifestyle
- Sport & Leisure
- What's on
Chinese recipes to cook at home
Club 43 at the Radisson Edwardian Hotel Manchester
Related Blog Posts
25 Apr 2016The Real Cost of a Pint of Milk
19 Apr 2016Ensure Your Restaurant Food Is Top-Qu...
24 Mar 2016Top Five Best-Selling Soft Drinks