Apple & cinnamon muffinsPosted on: 24 February 2010 by Mark O'haire
Try these delicious cinnamon-scented apple muffins which you can eat warm or cold.
- 75g Kerrygold butter melted and cooled slightly
- 175ml full fat milk
- 85g porridge oats
- 1 egg
- 125 plain flour
- 3tsp baking powder
- 75g caster sugar
- ¾ salt
- 1tsp cinnamon
- 1orange zest
- 1 apple (Granny smith) peeled, cored and diced
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
- In a bowl mix together the butter, milk, egg and sugar.
- In a separate bowl sieve together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt and then stir in the oats (reserving a few to sprinkle on top of each muffin), apples and orange zest.
- Pour the wet ingredients onto the flour mixture and fold together as quickly as possible trying not to over mix (over mixing will result in a heavy muffin instead of a light one).
- When everything is mixed together, pour the mixture into muffin cups, ¾ fill each one, sprinkle the reserved oats on top and bake for 20 -25 minutes until well risen and golden brown.
Share with friends
- Food & Drink
- Home & Lifestyle
- What's on
Chinese recipes to cook at home
Club 43 at the Radisson Edwardian Hotel Manchester
Related Blog Posts
22 May 2017French Food and Wine Pairing Cheat Sheet
21 Oct 2016Foods That Will Keep Your Energy Leve...
20 Aug 2016Easiest ways to Chill White Wine