Heston's Champagne cocktailsPosted on: 07 October 2016 by 50connect editorial
For those who like to celebrate with something sweeter – Heston’s champagne cocktails are sure to do the trick.
Heston's rhubarb fizz
- 30g Tate & Lyle Fruit Sugar (or fructose)
- 30g white caster sugar
- 500g rhubarb, chopped into very thin slices
- 20ml grenadine
- 24g Chase Rhubarb liqueur (optional, from selected stores)
- ½ vanilla pod, halved and seeds scraped out
- Place the fruit sugar, caster sugar, rhubarb, grenadine, liqueur and the seeds of the vanilla pod into a bowl and cover with clingfilm. Put the bowl over a pan of simmering water and allow to stand for 1 hour.
- Remove the bowl, strain through a fine sieve and place both the reserved rhubarb syrup and the compote in separate bowls in an iced water bath.
- Place 1½ tbsp of rhubarb compote with some of the reserved syrup into 2 chilled Champagne flutes, and fill to the top with chilled Champagne.
Heston's plum fizz
- 20 plums, stones removed and finely sliced
- 175g Tate & Lyle Fruit Sugar (fructose)
- 25g caster sugar
- 200g fresh pressed apple juice
- 1 whole vanilla pod
- 75cl bottle of Champagne
- Place all of the ingredients, except the Champagne, together in a bowl, cover the bowl with clingfilm and place over a pan of simmering water for 1 hour.
- Strain and reserve the liquid, and keep the plum slices to serve with granola or freeze for future use. Cool down the liquid as soon as possible.
- To serve, measure 45ml of the plum liquid, pour into a chilled Champagne flute and top up with chilled Champagne.
For more recipe Ideas visit Heston Blumenthal
Share with friends
- Food & Drink
- Home & Lifestyle
- What's on
Chinese recipes to cook at home
Club 43 at the Radisson Edwardian Hotel Manchester
Related Blog Posts
15 Oct 2016Top 4 Best Dog Food for Pitbulls
12 Sep 2016How your shopping will make its way t...
20 Aug 2016Restaurant that tops in Indian Dosa V...