Mama’s saucy spaghetti with lamb meatballsPosted on: 20 May 2011 by Rhian Mainwaring
Dolmio share Mamas top ten recipes with 50connect
To celebrate our new recipe group, Dolmio have given us a handful of delicious recipes using their 100% natural bolognese sauce. For a yummy evening meal try these fantastic meat balls with spaghetti, perfect for a romantic night in or mid week treat!
Preparation time 15-20 minutes
Cooking time 20-25 minutes
For the Saucy Spaghetti
- 1 jar 750g Dolmio 100% Natural Bolognese sauce
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 100g mushrooms halved
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1-2 tbsp tomato purée
- 450g spaghetti
- 4 tbsp single cream
For the Meatballs
- 450g extra lean minced lamb
- 50g fresh brown or white breadcrumbs
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and crushed
- 50g Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped seasonal herbs of your choice
- 1 medium egg, beaten
- 20 small pitted black or green olives (optional)
- a little oil for frying
- Freshly chopped oregano
- Parmesan cheese, grated
1. Place the mince in a bowl with the bread crumbs, onion, garlic, parmesan and herbs. Mix well before adding the egg and seasoning. With lightly floured hands, divide the mixture into 20 even sized balls.
2. Press an olive into the centre of each meatball, then re-shape the mixture around it. Repeat with the remaining olives and meat.
3. Heat the oil and fry the meatballs in small batches for 2-3 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Drain on kitchen roll and keep warm.
4. Meanwhile, heat the olive oil and add the mushrooms and carrots. Fry over a moderate heat for 5 minutes or until softened. Add the Dolmio Bolognese sauce, seasoning, tomato purée and cook for 8-10 minutes
5. Meanwhile, cook the spaghetti according to the instructions on the packet. Drain well and place onto warmed serving dishes. Pile the meatballs on to the pasta, stir the cream into the tomato sauce before spooning over the meatballs. Garnish with fresh oregano and grated Parmesan.
DOLMIO® Bolognese is made with 100% Natural Ingredients
Share with friends
- Food & Drink
- Home & Lifestyle
- What's on
Chinese recipes to cook at home
Club 43 at the Radisson Edwardian Hotel Manchester
Related Blog Posts
22 May 2017French Food and Wine Pairing Cheat Sheet
21 Oct 2016Foods That Will Keep Your Energy Leve...
20 Aug 2016Easiest ways to Chill White Wine