Pan-fried salmon with pomegranate, walnut and spinach saladPosted on: 21 March 2016 by Rob Hobson
Rob Hobson, author of The Detox Kitchen Bible, rustles up a hearty healthy fish dish of pan fried salmon with pomegranate, walnut and spinach salad.
Salmon is a rich source of heart-healthy omega 3 fatty acids that help to reduce inflammation in the body and increase levels of good (HDL) cholesterol.
It is also a really simple meal maker and, whatever your culinary competence happens to be, you can pretty much guarantee that in under 20 minutes you'll have created a dish that you'd happily pay good many for in a restaurant.
This recipe for pan-fried salmon with pomegranate, walnut and spinach salad is one of my personal favourites - it's a fabulous light summer dish, but is equally good as a hearty, healthy option in the colder months when we have a tendency to opt for stodge. Do your heart a favour and give it a try. You won't regret it!
- 2 skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100g baby leaf spinach
- Small handful of dill
- ¼ small onion, finely sliced
- 80g pomegranate arils
- 30g walnuts, lightly crushed
- 2 tsp pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 25g feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- ¼ tsp allspice
- Small pinch of smoked paprika
- ½ small garlic clove, crushed
- Pinch of sea salt
- Heat 1 tsp of the oil in a small, non-stick pan and cook over a medium heat for 12 minutes, turning once.
- Once the salmon is cooked set to one side and prepare the salad. Add the spinach, onion, pomegranate, walnuts, pumpkin seeds and feta to a medium-sized bowl with the oil and lemon juice then toss gently.
- Add the dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk using a fork to combine well.
- Dress the salad.
Share with friends
- Food & Drink
- Home & Lifestyle
- What's on
Chinese recipes to cook at home
Club 43 at the Radisson Edwardian Hotel Manchester
Related Blog Posts
21 Oct 2016Foods That Will Keep Your Energy Leve...
20 Aug 2016Easiest ways to Chill White Wine
13 Jul 2016A Guide to Restaurant Menu Options