Recipe: Janet Street-Porter makes summer kebabsPosted on: 16 June 2010 by Mark O'haire
TV presenter, writer and British icon Janet Street Porter makes chicken and steak kebabs with a honey and mustard glaze.
This recipe coincides with Red Tractor Week, which runs from 14-20 June) and celebrates 10 years of Great Food and Great Farming.
Summer Kebabs Recipe
Preparation time: 20 minutes.
Cook time: 20 minutes.
- 2 lamb steaks, cut into chunks
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 sirloin steak, cut into chunks
- 2 courgettes cut into chunks
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 small aubergine, sliced
- 4 tomatoes, quartered
For the glaze:
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp lemon juice
- 1tsp runny honey
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- Thread the meat and vegetables onto 8 metal skewers.
- Place the glaze ingredients in a screw-topped jar. Shake and brush over the skewers. Grill for 20 minutes, turning occasionally.
Tip: If you wish, thread the meat and vegetables onto the woody rosemary and thyme herb stalks before grilling.
TV presenter, writer and British icon Janet Street Porter is fronting Red Tractor Week, which celebrates 10 years of Great Food and Great Farming.
For more information, please visit www.myredtractor.co.uk.
Share with friends
- Food & Drink
- Home & Lifestyle
- What's on
Chinese recipes to cook at home
Club 43 at the Radisson Edwardian Hotel Manchester
Related Blog Posts
21 Oct 2016Foods That Will Keep Your Energy Leve...
20 Aug 2016Easiest ways to Chill White Wine
13 Jul 2016A Guide to Restaurant Menu Options