Recipe: Lesley Waters makes mini lemon Cheerios cheesecakesPosted on: 04 June 2010 by Mark O'haire
In this video Lesley Waters is joined by Olympic rower Greg Searle as the pair make, mini lemon Cheerios cheesecakes.
From picnics in the parks to barbecues in the back garden, one of the best things about summer is al fresco dining. Celebrity TV chef Lesley Waters had this in mind when she created a selection of summer recipes for Team Whole Grain. These tasty recipes are quick and simple, leaving plenty of time for the whole family to enjoy the sunshine.
Lesley says “Summer cooking is all about simple recipes and making the most of fresh ingredients. These recipes illustrate the versatility of whole grains and how easy it is to integrate them into the diet during the summer season”.
In this video Lesley Waters is joined by Olympic rower Greg Searle as the pair make ,mini lemon Cheerios cheesecakes.
Mini Lemon Cheerios Cheesecakes
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Chilling time: 30 minutes
For the base
- 50g Cheerios whole
For the Lemon Topping
- 200g low fat 2% Greek yoghurt
- 5 tbsp lemon curd
- Finely grated zest of a lemon
- 100ml whipping cream lightly whipped
- 100g Blueberries
- 40g Cheerios whole
- Arrange four 7cm glass ramekins on a baking tray. Divide the 50g Cheerios equally between the ramekins to form a base.
- To make the topping, put the greek yoghurt, lemon curd and lemon zest into a large bowl and mix until smooth.
- In a smaller bowl, whip the cream until it makes slightly floppy peaks. Fold the cream into the lemon mixture until smooth. Carefully spoon the mixture onto the Cheerios and smooth off with a palette knife.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 30 minutes until firm.
- For the topping use Cheerios to decorate as hair and make a blueberry and Cheerios face.
Share with friends
- Food & Drink
- Home & Lifestyle
- What's on
Chinese recipes to cook at home
Club 43 at the Radisson Edwardian Hotel Manchester
Related Blog Posts
22 May 2017French Food and Wine Pairing Cheat Sheet
20 Aug 2016Easiest ways to Chill White Wine
13 Jul 2016A Guide to Restaurant Menu Options