Strawberry Cheesecake With Pink Peppercorn SaucePosted on: 11 June 2009 by Gareth Hargreaves
Strawberries are the very essence of a British summer. Wimbledon wouldn’t be quite the same if there were no strawberries.
However, sometimes you can have just too much of a good thing, so after a while we look for innovative ways of serving our crop of fresh strawberries. Well, look no further, this delicious and simple cheesecake from the Fruisana Kitchen captures the very best of the flavour of the strawberries……with an unusual twist – a pink peppercorn sauce!
In the same way that chilli adds “length” to the flavour of chocolate, rather than heat, so too does the peppercorn, with the Fruisana, help to bring out the fullness of flavour in the strawberries. Mmmn, this is sure to become a firm family favourite!
Strawberry Cheescake With Pink Peppercorn Sauce
- 200g digestive biscuits
- 3 tbsp Fruisana Fruit Sugar
- 100g unsalted butter, melted
- 250g curd cheese
- 1 tbsp cornflour
- 4 tbsp double cream
- 3 large eggs, separated
- finely grated rind and juice of 1 orange
- 80g Fruisana Fruit Sugar
- 250g strawberries, hulled and cut in half
- 225g strawberries, hulled and cut into slices
- 50g Fruisana Fruit Sugar
- 12 - 16 pink peppercorns, crushed
- Crush the biscuits finely. Place in a bowl and stir in the Fruisana and butter. Mix well. Press evenly into the base and sides of a 25cm (10inch) spring clip tin.
- Place the curd cheese, cornflour, double cream and egg yolks in a bowl, mix well. Stir in the rind and juice of the orange and the Fruisana. In another bowl whisk the egg whites until stiff. Gradually fold into the curd cheese mixture. Mix thoroughly.
- Place the strawberry halves evenly over the biscuit base, pour over the curd cheese mixture.
- Bake in a fan oven 180°C, electric oven 200°C or gas mark 6 for 30-40 minutes until set and pale golden on top.
- To make the sauce: Place the strawberries and Fruisana in a saucepan and allow to cook gently. Push the strawberries through a sieve to form a smooth sauce. Stir in the peppercorns and serve with the cheesecake.
What's your favourite strawberry recipe?
Share it with other 50connect readers by leaving your recipe in the comment box below or in the 50connect forums.
Share with friends
- Food & Drink
- Home & Lifestyle
- Sport & Leisure
- What's on
Chinese recipes to cook at home
Club 43 at the Radisson Edwardian Hotel Manchester
Related Blog Posts
25 Apr 2016The Real Cost of a Pint of Milk
19 Apr 2016Ensure Your Restaurant Food Is Top-Qu...
24 Mar 2016Top Five Best-Selling Soft Drinks