The Great British Beer Festival 2010Posted on: 02 August 2010 by Mark O'haire
The annual Great British Beer Festival takes place from August 3-7 at Earls Court and CAMRA has some great brews to tempt beer lovers. Here's a taster of what's to come.
"All hail to the ale!" - Not exactly the words of a wise man, but certainly the truest words Al Murray, The Pub Landlord, has ever spouted.
And devotees to the Real Ale cause will be able to pay full tribute to the most glorious of real ales, ciders, perries and beers from around the world at the Great British Beer Festival 2010 in August.
Bringing together the best of Britain’s top breweries and a few international all-stars, the festival showcases over 450 drinks making Earls Court the undoubted heaven for the discenering drinker. Whatever your poison, you’re bound to find something that tickles your fancy – unless you’re looking for something with an umbrella in it.
Live music, pub quizzes, games, food and shopping contribute to the lively atmosphere.
The 10 most popular real ales
- Ashover Liquorice Alesort (5% ABV)
- Timothy Taylor Golden Best (3.5% ABV)
- Pitstop Star (3.8% ABV)
- Thornbridge Jaipur IPA (5.9% ABV)
- Green Jack Summer Dream (4% ABV)
- Brains The Reverend James (4.5% ABV)
- Fuller's Gales HSB (4.8% ABV)
- Wells & Youngs Youngs Special (4.5% ABV)
- Greene King Old Speckled Hen (4.5% ABV)
- Inveralmond Ossian (4.1% ABV)
Opening Times -
- Tuesday 3 August- 5pm- 10:30pm
- Wednesday 4 August - Friday 6 August – 12:00pm- 10:30pm
- Saturday 7 August - 11:00am- 7:00pm
- Advance day tickets - £6 (CAMRA members), £8 (non-members)
- Advance season tickets - £20 (CAMRA members), £23 (non-members)
- Day tickets - £8 (CAMRA members), £10 (non-members)
- Group bookings (10+) - £7 per person (CAMRA/non-CAMRA members), only available by phoning See Tickets on 0871 230 5594
Can't make it down to London, but still fancy raising the bar of your own taste? Then check out more beer shindigs being put on by CAMRA in 2010.
Share with friends
- Food & Drink
- Home & Lifestyle
- Sport & Leisure
- What's on
Chinese recipes to cook at home
Club 43 at the Radisson Edwardian Hotel Manchester
Related Blog Posts
25 Apr 2016The Real Cost of a Pint of Milk
19 Apr 2016Ensure Your Restaurant Food Is Top-Qu...
24 Mar 2016Top Five Best-Selling Soft Drinks