Tomato, basil and smoked bacon bakePosted on: 21 October 2011 by Gareth Hargreaves
A meal in minutes with a secret ingredient.
You won't believe how easy it is to create this easy, tasty recipe using a secret ingredient from Heinz - perfect for midweek and sure to be popular with all the family!
- 1 400g can Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup
- 250g dry penne pasta
- 4 rashers of diced smoked bacon
- ½ chopped onion
- 100g sliced mushrooms
- 150g cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 50mls single cream
- 80g diced half fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 fresh basil leaves torn or ½ tsp of dried basil
Prep – 15 minutes
Grill – 5 minutes
Or oven - 10/15 minutes
- Pre heat oven to 180°C /gas mark 5, or put the grill on high heat.
- Cook 250g dry penne pasta in boiling water for 10 minutes, drain & place into an ovenproof dish.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan, add 4 rashers diced smoked bacon and fry for 1 minute.
- Add ½ chopped onion and 2 cloves crushed garlic, fry for another minute.
- Add 100g sliced mushrooms and cook until soft, then add 150g halved cherry tomatoes, cook until soft.
- Add 400g can Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add 50ml single cream and 8 torn fresh basil leaves, stir through.
- Pour the mixture over the pasta in the ovenproof dish, sprinkle 80g diced half fat mozzarella cheese and grill/or bake in oven until the cheese melts.
Serve with garlic bread and/or a green salad
Nutritionals per portion (% adult GDA)
440 cals – 22%
9g sugar – 10%
18.5g fat – 26%
5.8g sat fat – 29%
1.5g salt – 25%
Click here for more everyday family recipes using Heinz soups.
Share with friends
- Food & Drink
- Home & Lifestyle
- Sport & Leisure
- What's on
Chinese recipes to cook at home
Club 43 at the Radisson Edwardian Hotel Manchester
Related Blog Posts
25 Apr 2016The Real Cost of a Pint of Milk
19 Apr 2016Ensure Your Restaurant Food Is Top-Qu...
24 Mar 2016Top Five Best-Selling Soft Drinks