Tomato, basil and smoked bacon bakePosted on: 21 October 2011 by Gareth Hargreaves
A meal in minutes with a secret ingredient.
You won't believe how easy it is to create this easy, tasty recipe using a secret ingredient from Heinz - perfect for midweek and sure to be popular with all the family!
- 1 400g can Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup
- 250g dry penne pasta
- 4 rashers of diced smoked bacon
- ½ chopped onion
- 100g sliced mushrooms
- 150g cherry tomatoes sliced in half
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 50mls single cream
- 80g diced half fat mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 8 fresh basil leaves torn or ½ tsp of dried basil
Prep – 15 minutes
Grill – 5 minutes
Or oven - 10/15 minutes
- Pre heat oven to 180°C /gas mark 5, or put the grill on high heat.
- Cook 250g dry penne pasta in boiling water for 10 minutes, drain & place into an ovenproof dish.
- Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in a frying pan, add 4 rashers diced smoked bacon and fry for 1 minute.
- Add ½ chopped onion and 2 cloves crushed garlic, fry for another minute.
- Add 100g sliced mushrooms and cook until soft, then add 150g halved cherry tomatoes, cook until soft.
- Add 400g can Heinz Cream of Tomato Soup and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add 50ml single cream and 8 torn fresh basil leaves, stir through.
- Pour the mixture over the pasta in the ovenproof dish, sprinkle 80g diced half fat mozzarella cheese and grill/or bake in oven until the cheese melts.
Serve with garlic bread and/or a green salad
Nutritionals per portion (% adult GDA)
440 cals – 22%
9g sugar – 10%
18.5g fat – 26%
5.8g sat fat – 29%
1.5g salt – 25%
Click here for more everyday family recipes using Heinz soups.
Share with friends
- Food & Drink
- Home & Lifestyle
- What's on
Chinese recipes to cook at home
Club 43 at the Radisson Edwardian Hotel Manchester
Related Blog Posts
21 Oct 2016Foods That Will Keep Your Energy Leve...
20 Aug 2016Easiest ways to Chill White Wine
13 Jul 2016A Guide to Restaurant Menu Options