Video: The Caldesi's Cook Endive SaladPosted on: 12 February 2009 by Gareth Hargreaves
Watch husband and wife duo Giancarlo and Katie Caldesi cook Endive Salad with gorgonzola, pinenuts and honey salad.
If you can’t see the video below please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 2 endives
- 100g gorgonzola dolcelatte
- 30g pinenuts
- 1 ½ tbsp good quality runny honey
- 1 ½ tbsp olive oil
- Cut the end of both the endives and gently break off all the leaves, one by one, arranging them on a serving dish so that they resemble little boats in which to carry the ingredients.
- Crumble over the Gorgonzola Dolcelatte making sure each leaf gets an equal helping.
- Take your honey and, raising the spoon high over the salad, drizzle over the salad creating a lovely cobweb effect over the leaves. Then pour over the olive oil in a similar way.
- Finally, toast the pinenuts lightly in a saucepan and when done scatter over the endives.
- Serve with a chilled glass of Gabbiano Pinot Grigio IGT Delle Venezie
Gabbiano Pinot Grigio is available in branches of Asda and Sainsbury’s priced from £6.49.
The husband and wife duo Giancarlo and Katie Caldesi love to share their passion for Italian cooking, and in this video they make Endive Salad with gorgonzola, pinenuts and honey salad.
“This is great served as an appetiser or with drinks. Endives, also known as chicory, have boat-shaped leaves that are easy to pick up and provide the perfect vessel for the cheese and nuts,” says Katie Caldesi.
“The sweetness of the honey matches perfectly with the bitterness of the endive.
“I’m a bit of a black pepper nut so I like this with a twist of pepper to finish but having travelled a great deal in Italy recently they tend to leave it out of delicate salads like this; but I will leave it up to you to make the choice.”
Share with friends
- Food & Drink
- Home & Lifestyle
- What's on
Chinese recipes to cook at home
Club 43 at the Radisson Edwardian Hotel Manchester
Related Blog Posts
21 Oct 2016Foods That Will Keep Your Energy Leve...
20 Aug 2016Easiest ways to Chill White Wine
13 Jul 2016A Guide to Restaurant Menu Options