Keep the spring in your step!Posted on: 17 September 2010 by Mark O'haire
Try Nestle’s Build-up nutritious soups & shakes - the quick and tasty way to enjoy great nutrition and some extra energy when you need it most.
Please click on the above video for more information.
When we think about physical activity we usually think about the gym, which can feel daunting or too much of a time commitment. Adults should aim for 30 minutes of moderate exercise on at least five days of the week which means there are plenty of options other than the gym for keeping fit and active.
Top tips for getting fit & active
- Try to use the stairs rather than the lift
- Find activities that are convenient and enjoyable – you are more likely to keep them up
- Exercise with a friend – you can encourage and motivate each other
- Get up 15 minutes early and go for a brisk walk before breakfast
- Invest in a pedometer and see whether you are clocking up a healthy 10,000 steps a day
A healthy balanced diet should contain a variety of foods:
- Try to eat at least 5 portions of fruit and vegetables every day
- Base your meals on starchy foods, such as bread, pasta and potatoes. Choose wholegrain varieties where possible
- Cut down on saturated fats and replace them with monounsaturated or polyunsaturated fats
- Try to eat two portions of fish each week, including one portion of oily fish
- Drink alcohol in moderation (men can drink up to 3-4 units per day, women can drink up to 2-3 units per day)
Nestle’s delicious soups and shakes provide at least 30% of your RDA* of 11 vitamins and five minerals, including:
- Protein, Vitamin D and Calcium for strong, healthy bones
- Vitamin C, Zinc and Folic Acid to help maintain a healthy immune system
- Iron and Zinc to help maintain cognitive function
- Thiamin and Magnesium to help maintain normal heart function
- Fibre for a healthy digestion
*RDA = Recommended Daily Allowance. A dietitian or doctor should supervise the use of Build-up® for people with diabetes.
Build-up® is the quick and tasty way to enjoy great nutrition and some extra energy when you need it most.
- Delicious light meal or snack
- Convenient and easy to prepare
- Rich in vitamins and minerals
- Source of energy, protein and fibre
A delicious, convenient range of soups and shakes to help keep the spring in your step!
Share with friends
- Food & Drink
- Home & Lifestyle
- What's on
Related Blog Posts
2 May 20174 Easy Ways to Be Healthier
25 Apr 2017The Top 12 Friendly Places For The Di...
20 Jan 2017Six Health Tips to Avoid Feeling Drai...