Cauliflower, bean & coconut casserolePosted on: 07 October 2016 by 50connect editorial
In need of a little comfort to keep out the cold? Treat yourself to this wonderfully hearty and warming casserole.
- 1 tbsp oil
- 200g chopped onion
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 1 cauliflower, cut into florets (about 700g)
- 400g can black eyed beans, drained and rinsed
- 28g pack fresh coriander
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC, gas mark 6. Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion, carrots and chilli for 3-4 minutes.
- Dissolve the stock cube in 150ml boiling water and add to the pan with the coconut milk. Bring to the boil.
- Place the cauliflower florets and beans in a large family casserole dish and pour over the coconut mixture. Cover and bake for 45 minutes until tender, stirring once halfway through cooking. Reserve a little coriander for garnish and chop the rest. When the casserole is ready, stir in the chopped coriander and serve garnished with the reserved leaves.
For your chance to win an Orla Kiely casserole dish (featured above) enter our competition here.
Recipe provided by Waitrose.com
Share with friends
- Food & Drink
- Home & Lifestyle
- What's on
Related Blog Posts
7 Aug 2016Campfire Recipes: Simple and easy rec...
2 Feb 2016Some Cool Stuffs to Drink this Summer
24 Jul 2013Pan fried Lemon Sole with Beurre Blan...