Japanese Seaweed Salad with Mackerel and Sushi GingerPosted on: 06 May 2010 by Mark O'haire
This creative light summer salad is ideal for al fresco eating on its own or as a side dish at barbecues.
Not only is it a delicious oriental medley, it also features the full-flavoured mackerel; a fantastic source of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids.
- 125g John West mackerel fillets, drained
- ½ cucumber, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- Splash sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp grated root ginger (or sushi ginger)
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- 125g egg noodles, cooked
- Marinade the cucumber in the soy sauce, sesame oil, vinegar and sugar for 10 minutes.
- Lightly break up the mackerel fillets with a fork and mix with the ginger, coriander and noodles.
- Pile into a serving dish and spoon the marinated cucumber and dressing over the top.
Share with friends
- Food & Drink
- Home & Lifestyle
- Sport & Leisure
- What's on
Related Blog Posts
21 Apr 2016The Different Types Of Corine’s Cuisi...
24 Mar 2016Sindhi cuisine: festival time
2 Feb 2016Some Cool Stuffs to Drink this Summer