Organic chicken soup with tarragon garlic breadPosted on: 23 September 2016 by 50connect editorial
Celebrate Organic September and cosy up with a bowl of chicken soup with garlic bread flavoured with tarragon.
Cooking Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- 1kg organic chicken drumsticks
- 2 sticks of organic celery, finely chopped
- 3 organic carrots, finely chopped
- 2 organic onions, roughly chopped
- 800ml of organic chicken stock
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 peppercorns
- Small bunch of flat leaf parsley
For the tarragon garlic bread
- 1 baguette
- 1 bunch of tarragon, leaves roughly chopped
- 100g of organic butter, at room temperature
- 3 organic garlic cloves, crushed
- To start the soup, add the chicken to a large pan along with the vegetables, bay leaves and peppercorns. Separate the parsley stalks and leaves, reserving the leaves for garnish and adding the stalks to the pan.
- Pour cold water into the pan to cover everything then bring to the boil over a medium heat on the hob.
- Once simmering, use a spoon to skim off any scum that appears on the surface of the soup (this will help improve the final flavour of the soup).
- After an hour, strain the soup and set aside the chicken pieces, discarding the other flavourings. Place the soup back on a gentle heat.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/gas mark 3.
- When cool enough to handle, remove the skin from the chicken and shred the meat into the soup. Stir together and season with salt and pepper.
- To make the tarragon garlic bread, use a serrated knife to slice into the baguette, cutting deep grooves but do not cut all the way through.
- Mix together the tarragon and garlic with the butter to create a flavoured paste. Spread this into each slice and wrap the whole baguette in foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes then serve with soup, garnished with the reserved parsley leaves.
Recipe provided by Helen Graves courtesy of Great British Chefs.
Share with friends
- Food & Drink
- Home & Lifestyle
- What's on
Related Blog Posts
15 Sep 2016Budget Cooking
7 Aug 2016Campfire Recipes: Simple and easy rec...
2 Feb 2016Some Cool Stuffs to Drink this Summer