Strawberry and rhubarb crumblePosted on: 09 December 2016 by 50connect editorial
A pudding that is full of delicious fruity flavours, the crumble gives it a sweet finish making this a comforting winter pudding.
Preparation time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 500g rhubarb
- 100ml water
- 100 grams golden caster sugar
- 1 tbsp Stones ginger wine
- 250g strawberries
- 75g butter
- 175g self-raising flour
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 60g Demerera sugar
- 1 Crunchie bar, crushed
- Preheat your oven to 180c.
- Trim and cut the rhubarb and place half of it in a saucepan with the golden caster sugar, the water and the ginger wine and simmer gently until syrupy.
- Halve the strawberries the place all the fruit and rhubarb syrup into a baking dish.
- To make the crumble, put the butter, flour into a bowl and rub with your fingers until it resembles bread crumbs. Stir in the sugar, ginger and the crushed Crunchie bar and sprinkle generously over the fruit.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden and bubbling.
- Serve with cream or ice-cream.
Recipe provided by Berry World
Share with friends
- Food & Drink
- Home & Lifestyle
- What's on
Related Blog Posts
4 Apr 2017How to Smoke Pork Ribs
7 Aug 2016Campfire Recipes: Simple and easy rec...
2 Feb 2016Some Cool Stuffs to Drink this Summer