50 Connect | Strawberry, lychee and passion fruit pavlova
Strawberry, lychee and passion fruit pavlovaPosted on: 07 July 2017 by Eloise Craven-Todd
Get into the Wimbledon spirit with this delicious summer Strawberry, lychee and passion fruit pavlova.
Preparation time: 25 minutes, plus cooling
Cooking time: 60 minutes
- 4 egg whites
- 315g caster sugar
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- 400g strawberries, hulled and quartered
- 8 lychees (peeled and stoned if fresh, or tinned), halved
- 2 passion fruit
- 1 tbsp light brown muscovado sugar
- 400ml whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C, gas mark 4. Beat the egg whites and caster sugar together with electric beaters on a high speed for 10–15 minutes, until thick and glossy. In a separate small bowl, stir the vinegar and vanilla into the cornflour until smooth, then add to the meringue, beating for 1 more minute.
- Line a large, flat baking tray with baking parchment, then dollop the pavlova mixture into the centre. Spread out evenly to form a 23cm circle, keeping it as round and even as possible.
- Place the pavlova in the oven, then immediately reduce the temperature to 100°C, gas mark ¼, and bake for 1 hour. Turn the oven off and leave the pavlova inside to cool. Once completely cool, carefully transfer to a serving plate.
- Put the strawberries, lychees and passion fruit pulp in a bowl with the muscovado sugar. Mix gently but thoroughly and leave for 5 minutes until the sugar has dissolved. Whip the cream to medium-soft peaks and spread evenly over the pavlova. Spoon over the fruit and serve at once.
For more Wimbledon inspired recipes, visit Waitrose
Share with friends
- Food & Drink
- Home & Lifestyle
- What's on
Related Blog Posts
4 Apr 2017How to Smoke Pork Ribs
7 Aug 2016Campfire Recipes: Simple and easy rec...
2 Feb 2016Some Cool Stuffs to Drink this Summer