Talking crepePosted on: 02 March 2015 by Gareth Hargreaves
Deliciously simple recipe for post Pancake Day crepes - for those whose adherence to Lent isn't too rigid.
Beetroot Pancakes with Eggs, Smoked Bacon & Maple Syrup
Contrary to popular belief Pancake Day is not just for children. Unfortunately grandchildren have a nasty habit of hijacked Shrove Tuesday andobbling up everything in sight. Now that the small people have had their fill, we thought this would be the perfect time to offer a couple of mouthwateringly amazing crepe recipes.
Serves 4, makes 12 small pancakes
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 250g plain cooked (vacuum packed) beetroot, drained
- 225g plain flour
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 30g butter, melted & cooled
- 1tbsp baking powder
- Pinch salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- 300ml milk
- Sunflower oil for shallow frying
12 rashers smoked streaky bacon, cooked crisply
Maple syrup, to taste
4 eggs, fried
- Place all the ingredients in a food processor and blitz until smooth.
- Heat a little oil in a large frying pan. Pour ladles of the batter into the pan and cook until you start to see little bubbles on the surface - this will take a minute or two.
- Using a fish slice flip over the pancakes and cook for a further minute or so. Transfer to a warm plate and cover tightly with foil. Continue until you have used all the batter.
- Serve hot with the eggs, bacon and plenty of maple syrup.
Next week's crepe recipe is Stilton and Walnut Pikelets with Watercress
Share with friends
- Food & Drink
- Home & Lifestyle
- What's on
Related Blog Posts
4 Apr 2017How to Smoke Pork Ribs
7 Aug 2016Campfire Recipes: Simple and easy rec...
2 Feb 2016Some Cool Stuffs to Drink this Summer