Two Italian DessertsPosted on: 25 March 2013 by Gareth Hargreaves
Zabaglione and Tiramisu are two Italian dessert classics. Rich, creamy and utterly delicious here are two recipes for you to try.
If you have a sweet tooth, here are two classic Italian desserts that will leave you wondering whty you never tried making them before. True, they won't do much for your waistline but they are an indulgence you cannot afford to miss.
4 medium egg yolks
4 tbsp caster sugar
1 tbsp warm water
3 fl oz Marsala
6 oz frozen raspberries and strawberries
2 tbsp toasted almonds
Amoretti biscuits to serve
1) Place the egg yolks, sugar and warm water in a bowl over a saucepan of hot water. Beat with a whisk until the mixture is pale and frothy and begins to thicken.
2) Add the Marsala, a little at a time, whisking constantly until the mixture becomes thick.
3) Divide the fruit between four cocktail or wine glasses. Top with the creamy mixture and scatter with the toasted almonds. Serve immediately.
16 sponge fingers
2 tbsp brandy or Marsala
100ml strong black coffee
8-10 macaroon biscuits
400g Mascarpone cheese
2 medium eggs, separated
4tbsp icing sugar
100g chocolate, grated
1) Preheat oven to gas mark 5 / 190 C / 375 F. Once hot bake the sponge fingers for 15 minutes until they are crisp and dry.
2) Mix half the rum with the brandy and coffee. Dip the sponge fingers into the liquid, then arrange them in a shallow serving dish.
3) Crush the macaroon biscuits over the sponge fingers and pour over any remaining coffee mixture.
4) Beat the cream cheese with the egg yolks, icing sugar and remaining rum. Whisk the egg whites until stiff then fold them into the cheese mixture.
5) Spoon over the macaroon and sponge fingers and sprinkle the grated chocolate on top. Refrigerate over night and serve the next day to allow the flavours to develop.
Share with friends
- Food & Drink
- Home & Lifestyle
- Sport & Leisure
- What's on
Related Blog Posts
21 Apr 2016The Different Types Of Corine’s Cuisi...
24 Mar 2016Sindhi cuisine: festival time
2 Feb 2016Some Cool Stuffs to Drink this Summer