50 Connect | Recipes: Jean-Christophe Novelli makes the perfect pancake
Recipes: Jean-Christophe Novelli makes the perfect pancakePosted on: 02 June 2010 by Mark O'haire
Learn how to make Apple and Cinnamon Crèpes with Jean-Christophe Novelli.
Crèpe mix for 6-8 (2 crepes each)
- 2 medium eggs
- 165g plain flour
- ½ teaspoon of sugar
- 350ml of semi-skimmed milk
- 1 dstspn of Flora Buttery spread - melted
- Mix the eggs with the flour and sugar to make a paste.
- Add the milk very slowly. Use just enough so that the mixture coats the back of a spoon.
- Stir in the melted Flora Buttery. Combine thoroughly.
- Heat a heavy based non-stick pan and add a small ladle of batter. Cook until golden on each side.
- Serve immediately or leave them to cool, keeping each one separated from the other by greaseproof paper.
- 1 tblspn Flora Buttery spread
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 70 g soft light brown sugar
- 350 gm baking apples—peeled and sliced
- 250 ml half fat crème fraiche
- Melt the Flora Buttery in a hot pan, add the cinnamon and sugar, and allow to infuse for about a minute before adding the apples.
- Cook for about 4-5 minutes just so they start to break down. Remove from the heat.
- Lay the crèpes out and divide the apple mixture evenly between them.
- Now divide the crème fraiche evenly on top of this.
- Fold the right and left hand sides of each crepe to square off the edges then roll up from the open end nearest to you to the top.
- Lay side by side in a dish, sprinkle with caster sugar and glaze under the grill.
- By melting the Flora Buttery and adding to the mixture, you save time as you don’t then need to add Flora Buttery to the pan every time you make a pancake.
- This works equally well with pears, banana, strawberries and raisins.
- The crème fraiche can be substituted with custard or thick yoghurt.
Share with friends
- Food & Drink
- Home & Lifestyle
- What's on
Beat Bank Holiday Boredom at IWM North
Club 43 at the Radisson Edwardian
Club 43 Jazz Supper Club
Related Blog Posts
18 Jul 2016Online Help for Nursing Assignment in...
27 Apr 2015How to get Glossy Hair for Game Night...
13 Feb 201510 Ways to Celebrate your First Mothe...