Buckwheat galette with spinach, asparagus & poached eggPosted on: 07 November 2018 by Rob Hobson
Food has a huge impact on your overall health. So why not ditch the comfort food and tcuk into this delicious buckwheat galette with spinach, asparagus and poached egg?
Yum, yum, get in my tum. You cannot get much simpler than this super-satisfying, high-fibre treat. Heart-healthy spinach and asparagus, protein-rich poached egg and the toasty hop flavours of buckwheat all find theire way onto the plate as nutritionist Rob Hobson provides the inspiration you need to ditch the comfort food and opt for immune-friendly meals instead.
- 160g buckwheat flour
- 65g plain flour
- 2 eggs
- 600ml milk
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 30g butter, melted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 100g creme fraiche
- 200g baby spinach
- 1 lemon, zested
- 100g asparagus
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 4 eggs
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Whisk together the flours, eggs, milk and salt. Put the batter in the fridge for at least 2 hours to rest.
2. When ready to serve, heat a pan over a medium heat. With a paper towel, rub a little butter around the pan, then add a ladleful of the batter. Brown the galette on one side, then flip it over. Remove the galette from the pan and set it aside. Repeat until all the batter is used up.
3. Cook the asparagus in boiling water until tender. Drain and set aside, before poaching 4 eggs by cracking them into simmering water for 3 minutes.
4. While the eggs are cooking, heat a pan over a medium heat and add the olive oil and spinach. Cook until the spinach is slightly wilted, then remove from the heat and stir in the lemon zest.
5. To assemble the galettes, place 1 tbsp of creme fraiche in the middle of each pancake and season with salt, pepper and chilli flakes. Pile some wilted spinach on top of the creme fraiche and fold each side in to form a square. Top with a few asparagus spears, a poached egg and a drizzle of olive oil.
For more recipes like this visit Healthspan.
Share with friends
Related Blog Posts
1 Feb 2019How to make boneless chicken thigh
4 Aug 201810 Best Steaks to Grill For Your Dinner
4 Apr 2018Passion fruit cheesecake (Maracuja)