Overnight oats with raspberry Chia jamPosted on: 12 January 2018 by Eloise Craven-Todd
Start your day the right way with a healthy and nutritious breakfast you can make the night before.
Make these overnight oats to have for breakfast in the morning. Use a kilner jar if you want them to be easily transportable.
Serves: 1 with plenty of jam left over
Preparation time: 10 minutes plus overnight soaking
Cooking time: 30 minutes
For the jam
- 500g raspberries
- 4-5 tbsp agave or maple syrup, to taste
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- 1tsp lemon juice
For the oats
- 2 tsp agave or maple syrup
- 120ml almond milk
- Half vanilla pod, scraped
- 1 tbsp almond butter
- A small handful of raspberries plus extra
- to serve
- 6 tbsp rolled oats
- To make Chia jam, combine the fruit with Maple Syrup, to taste, and gently simmer for 10 minutes. Add a pinch of salt and the Chia seeds and lemon juice, stir well and continue to cook for 10 minutes until thickened. Chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours.
- To make the overnight oats, mix together the syrup and almond milk then combine the vanilla seeds and almond butter. Roughly mash in the raspberries and tip over the oats, stir well, cover and leave to soak overnight. (Or at least for 2 hrs)
- In the morning layer the oats and some of the jam into a jar or swirl in a bowl and top with extra raspberries.
Note: Any milk will work in this recipe.
Recipe provided by Berry World
Share with friends
Related Blog Posts
4 Apr 2018Passion fruit cheesecake (Maracuja)
4 Apr 2017How to Smoke Pork Ribs
7 Aug 2016Campfire Recipes: Simple and easy rec...