Eye anti-wrinkle & firming creamPosted on: 25 March 2008 by Gareth Hargreaves
As the skin matures, the combination of time, stress and the enviromnent undermines its vitality and ability to renew itself.
Over time, the thin-skinned and delicate area around the eye is the first to show the signs of aging. Wrinkles and fine lines become more noticeable, skin often loses its firmness and resilience, and puffiness may become more pronounced.
L'Oreal Plenitude Revitalift Eye Anti-Wrinkle and Firming Cream is a gentle, hydrating cream that delicately balances a concentrated blend of ingredients to deliver intensive treatment to the fragile eye area. With the advanced technological ingredients of Pro-Retinal A and Par ElastylTM, its delivery system firms and tones, diminishes fine lines and wrinkles, soothes puffiness and hydrates the eye area for fresher, younger-looking skin. The non-greasy, fragrance-free formula also contains sunscreen.
"The challenge in creating eye creams is to make them gentle enough to use on the sensitive eye area yet effective at relieving the appearance of aging skin," states Sven Thormahlen, Vice President of Treatment and Cosmetics Scientific for L'Oreal. "With Revitalift Eye, we accomplished both." The result is a gentle, non-greasy formula that offers anti-wrinkle and firming benefits to reduce the signs of aging.
Yet, with all that said, only 29% of women use eye creams. Although many women know that the skin around the eye area is different, many of the barriers associated with eye cream usage are due to the perception that eye creams are unnecessary, they don't perform any better than regular moisturizers, they are too complicated, too heavy or greasy, or take too much time to use.
Up until now, many eye products have focused on prevention. Revitalift Eye focuses on prevention and reversing the signs of aging. It does so with advanced anti-aging and firming ingredients to target and reverse reduced elasticity, wrinkles and puffiness.
- Par Elastyl (a highly engineered, L'Oreal-exclusive peptide) and Pro Retinol A (a Vitamin A derivative) firm, tone and improve skin's resiliency around the eye area. Improving elasticity results in more vital, firmer-looking skin.
- A unique hydrating protein complex (Pro Vitamin B5, Glycerin and Soy Protein) increases skin's moisture and hydration level to reduce fine lines and wrinkles with no greasy after feel
- Soy Protein, an excellent moisturizer and film former, helps relieve unsightly puffiness without uncomfortable tightness. Eyes will appear refreshed awakened and less fatigued.
- Shorea Oil provides essential fatty acids (EFA's) that help prevent water loss and provide barrier lipids for skin.
- Sunscreen helps protect the most vulnerable part of the face from exposure to UV rays.
"To ensure the gentleness of Revitalift Eye, we formulated it by carefully choosing specific ingredients and placing them into the formula in precise amounts," explains Thormahlen. "For example, Revitalift Eye did not have fragrance added to it because fragrance is a known potential irritant." The gentleness of Revitalift Eye was confirmed through testing by an ophthalmologist. Additional tests using silicone imprints and image analysis showed that wrinkles were significantly diminished after one week of using Revitalift Eye. Six hours after application, the skin was firmer.
Do you use this product? Have you tried it? Let us know what you think by emailing [email protected]
Share with friends
Related Blog Posts
19 Aug 2019How to Turn Your Gardening Hobby into...
27 Oct 2018Ideas For Making Design T-Shirts Fash...
1 Aug 2018How To Prevent And Get Rid Of Ingrown...