Natural ways to beat dandruffPosted on: 25 March 2008 by Gareth Hargreaves
We all know how irritating dandruff can be.
Next time you think you might be suffering try one of these natural remedies before you reach for the chemical in a bottle treatment.
- Lemon juice is good for dandruff because it’s acidic qualities regulates the pH of the scalp. Soak hair in lemon juice and leave for 15 minutes before rinsing off.
- Fresh or dried rosemary, ginger and thyme combat dandruff because of their antiseptic properties. Make an infusion with one, or a combination of these herbs. Add a 2 inch cube of grated ginger, or a few sprigs of rosemary or thyme to a pint of boiling water. If you are using dried herbs use about 2 teaspoonful. Leave to infuse for about half an hour and then strain. When the mixture is cool use to rinse through your hair after a normal wash ensuring you massage your scalp well. Leave on for 15 minutes before rinsing out and drying as usual.
- Apple Juice and cider vinegar are also good rinses to combat dandruff. Try adding a sprig of rosemary and thyme to a bottle of apple juice and leaving to infuse overnight. Massage into your scalp and leave for half an hour before rinsing out. You can also try massaging 2 tablespoons of cider vinegar straight into the scalp, leaving it on t he hair for 10 minutes before rinsing out.
- Any of the above herbs infused with olive oil are also meant to combat dandruff. Experiment with your own combination of infusions.
- On the aromatherapy front, lavender, juniper and cypress are all good for dandruff. Mix a few drops of each into a carrier oil and massage into the scalp. Leave on for 15 minutes before shampooing out. Try adding these essential oils to the bath when you bathe.
- Vitamin E is also good for getting rid of dandruff. You can buy Vitamin E capsules from health food shops. Almonds are also a rich source of Vitamin E so eat as many as possible!
- Bio yogurt is a good conditioner for dandruff sufferers. Wash hair as usual, then apply a small tub of yogurt to your hair. Leave on the hair for half an hour before rinsing.
Share with friends
Related Blog Posts
20 Apr 2020Over 50 Beauty | Skin & Hair Tips for...
19 Aug 2019How to Turn Your Gardening Hobby into...
27 Oct 2018Ideas For Making Design T-Shirts Fash...