Wake up to fresher eyesPosted on: 25 March 2008 by Gareth Hargreaves
Waking up to dark circles and baggy eyes is never a good start to the day.
Waking up to dark circles and baggy eyes is never a good start to the day. Try a few simple tips from the experts and your eyes will feel healthier and look happier. Michelle Creagan at Boots Health and Beauty Services in London suggests the follow tips.
- To reduce the visible signs of dark circles and reduce puffiness try an eye treatment.
- Get a good night's sleep and drink plenty of water, at least a pint, before you go to bed. Click here for more tips on how you can sleep the night through.
- Try a cooling eye product such as Botanics Wake Up Eye Cream.
- Use concealer in the crook of the eye socket as this reflects light away from dark circles.
- Sleep with a window open because fresh morning air can help reduce puffiness.
Healthy bright eyes can also be achieved from the inside by watching our diet. Nutritionist Nigel Denby gave us his top tips for healthy skin around the eye area.
- Avocados are rich in Vitamin E and monounsaturated oils to maintain skin structure.
- Red meats contain protein, zinc and iron which enable skin to renew itself.
- Sunflower seeds may help to improve skin that is dry and flaky.
- Bilberries are a very rich source of the antioxidant nutrients which help strengthen blood capillaries and collagen fibres.
- Flax seeds help skin to stay smooth and retain moisture.
- Liver contains nutrients to help with skin regeneration.
Share with friends
Related Blog Posts
19 Aug 2019How to Turn Your Gardening Hobby into...
27 Oct 2018Ideas For Making Design T-Shirts Fash...
1 Aug 2018How To Prevent And Get Rid Of Ingrown...