A Brief Discussion on the Varied Ways to Lead a Happy Life
Posted on: 10 September 2018 by Ethan William
In the present times, all individuals wish to earn money and possess luxury items because they feel it is the only way of being happy. However, true happiness never relies upon materialistic pleasures but can be attained through simple ways. You can lead a contented life by helping people in need, being thankful, eating healthy, exercising, and seeking assistance from a life coach if required. Know more by checking out the discussion below.
According to Aristotle, happiness is believed to be the actual purpose of life and lies at the very core of human existence. Even though one of the most desirable goals which a large number of modern-day individuals fail to attain, being happy is incredibly simple, and no matter what the popular belief is, does not depend upon materialism. In the following write-up, I have tried to explore eight ways implementing which anyone and everyone can lead a happier life. Readers are requested to buy some time and take a close look at the below-mentioned pointers.
1. Doing What You Love- It does not matter if you have hectic schedule, make sure to indulge in your favourite activities, for example painting, writing poems, dancing, playing soccer, gardening, etc., once in a while. Doing so would fill your hearts with joy and rejuvenate your spirits largely.
2. Helping Others- In the present era, almost all of us have become utterly self-concerned so much so that we hardly get time to even think about others. Try volunteering in any non-governmental organisation for catering to the needs of destitute and bringing a smile on their face. The impact made would most surely allow you to feel contented.
3. Being Thankful- By contemplating cautiously, you would certainly find lots of things in life to be thankful for. Rather than taking the series of necessities and loved ones for granted, appreciate the things and people you have already. This would make your life immensely fulfilling.
4. Smiling More- Frowning over every other thing is just not acceptable. It contributes to depression and hampers your outer appearance. Instead practice smiling in each situation and see how positively it affects you. A smile, even if fake or forced, can eliminate sorrows and enable you to feel much better.
5. Exercising- A major portion of the population do not exercise but spend time watching television or scanning social media accounts. This has negatively impacted their overall wellbeing, both physical and mental. Working out or playing sports is known for alleviating stress, escalating levels of energy, and releasing endorphins (feel good hormones).
6. Eating Healthy- If you are physically fit and fine, you are bound to feel happy. The foremost way through which you can keep diseases at bay and become immensely healthy is by limiting the consumption of junk food and maintaining a balanced diet consisting of fresh fruits, green vegetables, lean meat, fish, eggs, and plenty of water.
7. Seeking Assistance from a Life Coach- According to the renowned practitioners of life coaching in London, this particular talk therapy can thoroughly evaluate one’s life when he or she is not being able to lead it happily. Life coaches fabricate strategies to uncover the definite causes for which you are feeling sad and offer solutions to reverse the situation.
8. Being You- Finally, yet importantly, do not undertake drastic measures for fitting into the societal notions but simply be yourself. After accepting who you are, you would naturally feel an outstanding difference.
Executing the seven essential ways stated above diligently, you would most surely be able to improve the quality of your life.