Summer round up of walks
Posted on: 25 August 2013 by William Walking
A few walks and things of interest from this summer
This is a simple to follow guide to over 40 of the best walks and walking routes in Epping Forest, including easy short walks, family walks and good long walks.
There is also a very good Epping Forest walking map available at the Epping Forest shop at the Queen Elizabeth Hunting Lodge in Chingford so that you can plan your own special walking routes in and around the ancient royal hunting grounds of Epping Forest.
Click here for Camping in Epping Forest.
Essex Walks - A 4 mile Epping Forest Cobbins Brook circular walking route from Upshire. More here
Get the full route here Cobbins Walk
Get the full route here Beech Trail
Essex Walks - A classic family walk in Epping Forest following The Lime Tree Trail Leytonstone walking route for about a mile of well maintained tracks. More walks here
Find the full walking route here Hornbeam Trail Epping Forest
1. Click here for the Willow Trail Walk which is a simple 3 mile classic family circular walk around Connaught Water.
2. Click here for the Holly Trail Walk which is another simple 3 mile classic family circular walk around Chingford Plain.
3. Click here for the Lime Tree Trail Walk which is a lovely family 1 mile walk in Leytonstone starting at Harrow Road Sports Pavillion.
4. Click here for the Oak Trail Walk which is a gentle 7 mile circular walk to the deer sanctuary and Ambresbury Banks starting in Theydon Bois.
6. Click here for the Chestnut Trail Walk which is a simple 4 mile classic family circular walk starting in Wanstead Park.
You can download the official Way Marked Trails in Epping Forest here, where you can also find out more information about the City of London and the great work they are doing for maintaining and preserving Epping Forest.
Best deals and product review of the Ordnance Survey Walking GPS Garmin Oregon 600 GB Discoverer 1:50k Bundle. More here http://www.walksandwalking.com/