Tips for Frugal A Living
Posted on: 24 May 2016 by Hilary Taylor
Like us grandmas use to have a lot of efficient and effective takes to save money, mums these days are also coming up with new strategies to save a pound every now and then in this even more materialistic world. We have come up with some tips and tricks that you can follow up on to save a lot of money by making small changes.
- Let go of the expensive ones and switch to the cheaper and ordinary brands for your daily life needs. A lot of supermarkets and stores offer their own brands that are not only cost effective but are as efficient as any other expensive brand. You might not like the looks of them but when you will realize how much money you are saving, you will love them.
- I and my friends have come up with a terminology called “use-up week” to effectively save money. The philosophy behind this use-up week is to use all of the stuff that is left unused in the drawers and fridge to be used first before going to market for buying more. Dedicate a week to using all of this stuff which expires just lying there.
- Always make a list of the things that you need and when out for shopping, stick to this list. This list can be about anything like food, clothes or any other gadget. Whenever we ladies go out shopping, it is a given that we buy a lot of unnecessary things that we don’t need. If you will implement this technique then you’ll notice how much money you would be saving after each shopping trip which you would have otherwise spent on something you regret later. Don’t fall for the discount offers and stay focused on your list. You shouldn’t go for things that you don’t need just because of them being sold at a lower rate.
- You can team up with another mom or family to bulk buy household items at a discounted rate.
- Always search for latest discounted sale offers before you to hit the market to buy items at the lowest rate possible.
- Another great way to save a lot of money is to go for out of date or clearance food. These items are slightly out of date but are offered at or below half price. You can check out Approved Food UK to look out for these offers.
- It is always a great and money saving idea to use less detergent and softener while washing clothes. It will not only help you save money but will also save your washing machine from clogging.
- Coupons & freebies, I often use these sites and always bookmark them so I can keep coming back to them, sites like fabfreesamples, and coupons.co.uk are my favourites.