To Earn a Basket Full of Fruits, It is Necessary to Care the Fruit Trees in Spring!
Posted on: 24 February 2017 by Denny Farhan
There are many people who love to plant different trees like fruits, flowers and medicinal plants. But most of them prefer to plant fruit trees as they want to eat sweet fruits as a result of their hard works. It is not that simple to grow fruit plants as these plants need utmost care and protection.
There are many people who love to plant different trees like fruits, flowers and medicinal plants. But most of them prefer to plant fruit trees as they want to eat sweet fruits as a result of their hard works. It is not that simple to grow fruit plants as these plants need utmost care and protection. The main thing which is kept under focus while planting a fruit tree is the maintenance works. The fruit trees are highly prone to different diseases and are also attacked by various bugs and worms.
Apart from the maintenance, the climate also plays an important role in the growth of fruit plants. It is mainly noticed that the fruit trees are planted in the spring season to grow in a better form.
Some important facts which assist the fruit trees to grow efficiently during the spring season:-
- Cooler temperatures - Most of the fruit trees need a moderate cooler temperature to grow. In extreme winters, the fruit trees raise a very high chance to get affected by the bugs. So spring provides the perfect cooling temperature for the plants to grow.
- Less watering - As compared to summer, the fruit trees need less watering in the spring, which eases the workload of the gardener. Thus, with a less amount of workload, spring is the perfect season to plant fruit trees.
- Favourable soil composition – In the spring, the soil forms a favourable composition for the growth of the fruit plants. The roots of the fruit trees get enough time in spring to adapt to the soil which helps them to grow speedily after the spring season.
Some important considerations need to be followed strictly during the spring season:-
- Fruit trees need a lot of sunshine and in the spring season, the sunshine is perfect for the efficient growth of the plants. Just take care of the space where you will plant the fruit trees. Avoid planting fruit trees in shadier areas.
- It is important to avoid drowning of the roots so a favourable drainage path is highly necessary. For that reason the fruit trees are planted in those areas which are surrounded by a small mound of soil.
- In spring, it is necessary to spread mulch over the soil to decrease the chances of diseases and weeds.
- To prevent the plants from fungal and bacterial infections, the fruit plants are watered with cooled chamomile tea.
- Even sometimes a tree guard or a mesh is provided around the trunk of the plant to protect it from different pests and mice.
- Due to a good growing speed in spring, the roots of the trees are wrapped with a container, which is removable in nature. This is mainly maintained in order to avoid delicate roots which cause extra stress to the tree.
Thus, the spring season is the perfect climate to plant various fruit trees like Raspberries, Papaya, Cherries, Oranges, Strawberries, blueberries, Avocado, Melons etc.
Denny Farhan, CEO & Founder at TheAlmostDone.