Top 10 Weight Loss Tips for Women
Posted on: 30 March 2018 by Vijay Kumar
Eavesdrop on any group discussion about women’s health care, and the one issue that the participants would talk to the most about is weight-loss.
It surely is on the top of most women’s wishlist. And why it shouldn’t be? Every woman wants to look good, young, pretty and attractive and that one hindrance which occurs most often during every woman’s quest to perfection is those extra layers of fat which hide the real natural beauty underneath it.
Sure there are many “Lose a Gazillion Kilograms in a Month” programs available in the market and there sure are secret recipes which promise to reduce weight in an instant. But we all know their veracity too well.
Sometimes all you need is some simple but true tips that work and are easy to follow. That is exactly why we are writing this piece. Go on and read these top 10 weight loss tips and start acting upon them!
1. According to a study published in American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, distracted eating (for example eating while you watch TV), can speed up weight gain. Another study published in Psychological science and quoted by Salon.com finds that “people eating or drinking while mentally distracted require greater concentrations of sweetness, sourness, or saltiness to feel satisfied.” Hence watch no TV while eating. It may be great if you watch less TV even when you are not eating.
2. Don’t skip your meals, eat less each time but eat 3 times a day regularly. Following alien, hard to follow diets can be risky as well as unsustainable when you have a family to support and you are under lot of pressure. You will have to change your eating habits. Avoid alcohol, soda, smoking, soft drinks, burgers and all type of fast food when you are in the process of losing weight.
3. When trying to lose weight you need more of aerobic activities and not so much of the weight training. So run, walk, cycle and swim. Also try to subscribe to the HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) methodology in all of your aerobic activities so as to increase your metabolism rate and burn more calories.
4. Note what you are eating on a regular basis. Check your weight once a week and study how it gets increased or decreased with the kind of food you had that week. In this way you will be able to judge which food item is causing your weight gain. Exclude that food item from your list and only eat the foods which don’t cause you to gain more weight.
5. Never try to lose more than 2 pounds a week as losing more than that can have serious side effects.
6. Exercise less but exercise regularly because the shorter regular exercises are much helpful than longer less frequent workouts. Spend at least 20 minutes daily in exercising to give your body a proper workout.
7. According to Harvard, 50% of American drink sugar drinks every day, 25% “consume at least 200 calories from such drinks; and 5% drink at least 567 calories – equivalent to four cans of soda”. So avoid having soft drinks and drink water instead. It will help you to maintain or even reduce your weight.
8. Eat 80% of your food at home while 20% outside home. If you have a job where you spend more than 8 hours outside, try taking a homemade sandwich with you as lunch.
9. Studies have shown eating in front of mirror helps you to reduce weight to a great extent.
10. Sleeping at least 8 hours a day ensures you don’t get more of those extra fat layers. Don't forget to visit our site IEMiller for latest health and beauty tips.
Share with friends
- General Health
- Women's Health
- Men's Health
- Alternative Health
- Eye health in later life
- Dementia care & awareness
- Your gifts in Wills power tomorrow's break throughs
- The A to Z of Lens Surgery for Over 50s
- NHS repeat prescriptions with free home delivery
- Help beat cancer sooner: Leaving a gift in your Will
- Home & Lifestyle
- What's on