Top Rated Tourist Attractions in London 2019
Posted on: 20 December 2018 by Prasant Kumar
London's culture, history and energy has captured the imagination of tourists for generations.
Several tourists tour the place to hear, see, and breathe in the sight and sound of London and fulfil their life-long dream. For a few, the trip can be expensive so they have to avoid it. Fortunately, you can enjoy top-rated tourist attractions on budget.
You can explore London without concern of budget because there are lots of things to do and places to visit for FREE ranging from top attractions to hilarious comedy nights. Tourists can give their credit card rest and enjoy fabulous London freebies.
Let’s check on the free attractions in London but make sure to get the London pass for free entry to those must-see paid landmarks and attractions. In this way, you even skip the lengthy queues and enjoy stress free sightseeing.
- At Natural History Museum experience earthquake simulator and face roaring T-Rex.
- At Sir John Soane’s Museum enjoy candle-lit tour.
- In the Museum of London explore the captivating history of the capital of England.
- At William Morris Gallery discover works of most inspiring designers of Britain.
- At Bank of England Museum get to hold genuine gold bar.
- London Docklands Museum get to know River Thames history.
- At National Maritime Museum in Greenwich explorers can indulge in Royal Observatory, Queens House and Cutty Sark.
The list of museums will never end as there are many more including Grant Zoology Museum, Horniman Museum, Imperial war museum, Sewing Machine museum, Ragged school museum, etc.
- White Cube gallery - Contemporary art
- Guildhall Art gallery - Rosetti painting
- Wallace collection - Popular Frans Hals painting
- National Portrait gallery - Portrait of film stars, musicians, kings and queens
- National gallery - Discover art of Leonardo da Vinci, Turner, Botticelli, Van Gogh, Gainsborough, and Rembrandt
- Saatchi gallery - Modern art
- Tate Modern - Masterpieces of Bonnard, Picasso, Cezanne, Dali, Pollock, etc.
Garden and park life
Relax at Wimbledon Common, see prime meridian line at Park Vista, Jog around Hyde Park, watch pelicans at St. James Park, explore Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, and go deer spotting at Richmond Park and Bushy Park.
Chill in barbican Conservatory with tropical plants, fish and trees. Visit Holland Park to achieve Zen and Phoenix garden to get dazzled by wildflowers. Columbia Road flower market makes flower aficionados breathe in the aromas and admire the floral colours.
At Trafalgar Square meet stone lions, watch ‘Changing the Guard’ ritual at Buckingham Palace, follow Beatles footsteps crossing popular Abbey Road, take selfie at Piccadilly Circus, watch Tower Bridge open, and enjoy paddling in Princess Diana Memorial Fountain.
Aerial views of London
- From Greenwich Park get breath taking views of central London and River Thames.
- From Sky garden, you get best view of London from height of 155m.
- Grab marvellous photos of London from Primrose Hill.
- Parliament Hill offers wonderful vista around London.
- Dance at Hootananny Brixton free gigs
- Free lunchtime concerts at the St. Martin-in-the-Fields church
- Free entry on Friday, before 7 pm at Ronnie Scott to party whole night with Cuban music
- Free lunchtime music from talented musicians studying at Royal College of music
Free festivals like Chinese New Year, Thames festival, Notting Hill Carnival, Light festival can be enjoyed. You can even get to see unusual activities carried around London like prop makers or theatre designers working, take peek at guerrilla artists’ works, or visit legendary location to discover rich musical heritage and more.