Visit Mumbai, the city dreams are made of
Posted on: 02 July 2019 by Shikhar Dhawan
Mumbai is one of the premiere cities of India.
Home to Bollywood, Mumbai is a buzzing centre of many activities. What many people are not aware of is that Mumbai is quite a popular tourist destination since there are a lot of places to visit when in the city and there are plenty of things to do – all you need to do is know the right places to go to!
Ahmedabad has a life which runs in its own grind, but its pace does not match up to that of Mumbai. Mumbai is a city which never sleeps and if you love metropolitans, this is one that you cannot afford to miss. Well if you want to get a complete idea about what Mumbai is, here are some of the places that you have to visit:
- Kalaghoda precinct: This is one area of the city which you have to visit when it comes to cultural activities. This is one of the most happening places in the city, especially during February when the Kalaghoda festival is conducted every year. If you want to attend this festival then do start checking the Ahmedabad to Mumbai flight fares at the earliest. When the festival is not on, you can visit this place if you are interested in checking out various galleries, some even open pavement ones.
- Elephanta Caves: The rock cut temples of Ajanta and Ellora are one of the most visited places of Maharashtra and so are the Elephanta Caves. Take a ferry ride from the Gateway of India and travel to the Elephanta Caves to take a tour through a series of caves which display architectural wonder at its best.
- Haji Ali mosque: This is one of the most interesting locations in Mumbai. The Haji Ali mosque is indeed a revered place that people go to, to worship. It is located almost in the ocean and you will have to walk down a path on the ocean which makes it all the more beautiful and mesmerizing. If you can you should definitely visit this place once.
- Marine Drive: No trip to Mumbai will ever be complete without taking a drive down Marine Drive. One of the most iconic locations in the city, a walk down this place in the evening is a must.
- Colaba and South Mumbai: The best way to explore a city is walking down its streets. So take a walking tour through the lanes of South Mumbai and explore the heritage that this city has to offer.
Mumbai is quite a busy city with many people visiting it so it is best that you get flight fares from Ahmedabad to Mumbai checked out as early as possible to get affordable fares and the right flights. Make arrangements for your stay as well since finding one last minute might prove to be difficult.
Mumbai is truly a city worth visiting over and over again. If this is your first time, then do visit the above mentioned places to experience the true spirit of the capital of Maharashtra.