Aubergine bakePosted on: 07 August 2018 by 50connect editorial
This is a delicious Italian recipe which takes about ten minutes to prepare because most of the ingredients can be bought ready-to-go in the supermarket.
This is a delicious Italian recipe which takes about ten minutes to prepare because most of the ingredients can be bought ready-to-go in the supermarket. If you are having carnivores for dinner this vegetarian dish is guaranteed to impress even the most hardened meat eater!
- 2 Aubergines
- 120g Mozzarella, sliced
- 1/2 bottle of tomato and basil passata, available from your local supermarket
- 4 large handfuls of fresh basil
- Parmesan cheese
- Pepper to taste
- Slice the aubergines into 2cm thick slices, and preheat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- To make the bake put a layer of aubergine in the bottom of a casserole dish or oven proof bowl and top with a layer of mozzarella. Sprinkle some ripped basil leaves on top, season well with black pepper and pour over enough passata to cover the aubergines. Ideally the layer of passata should be about 1cm thick. Continue in this fashion, finishing the bake with a layer of aubergine and a layer of mozzarella on top. Sprinkle with parmesan and place in the oven for 30-40 minutes until the cheese on top is golden brown and the aubergines are cooked through.
- Serve with a fresh green salad and crusty bread.
Share with friends
Chinese recipes to cook at home
Club 43 at the Radisson Edwardian Hotel Manchester
Related Blog Posts
1 Apr 2019Alzheimer's Society Cupcake Day retu...
23 Mar 2019Upkeep and different contemplations f...
7 Feb 2019Chicken Malai Tikka Nutritional Benef...