Pan-fried salmon with pomegranate, walnut and spinach saladPosted on: 21 March 2016 by Rob Hobson
Rob Hobson, author of The Detox Kitchen Bible, rustles up a hearty healthy fish dish of pan fried salmon with pomegranate, walnut and spinach salad.
Salmon is a rich source of heart-healthy omega 3 fatty acids that help to reduce inflammation in the body and increase levels of good (HDL) cholesterol.
It is also a really simple meal maker and, whatever your culinary competence happens to be, you can pretty much guarantee that in under 20 minutes you'll have created a dish that you'd happily pay good many for in a restaurant.
This recipe for pan-fried salmon with pomegranate, walnut and spinach salad is one of my personal favourites - it's a fabulous light summer dish, but is equally good as a hearty, healthy option in the colder months when we have a tendency to opt for stodge. Do your heart a favour and give it a try. You won't regret it!
- 2 skinless salmon fillets
- 1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 100g baby leaf spinach
- Small handful of dill
- ¼ small onion, finely sliced
- 80g pomegranate arils
- 30g walnuts, lightly crushed
- 2 tsp pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 25g feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- ¼ tsp allspice
- Small pinch of smoked paprika
- ½ small garlic clove, crushed
- Pinch of sea salt
- Heat 1 tsp of the oil in a small, non-stick pan and cook over a medium heat for 12 minutes, turning once.
- Once the salmon is cooked set to one side and prepare the salad. Add the spinach, onion, pomegranate, walnuts, pumpkin seeds and feta to a medium-sized bowl with the oil and lemon juice then toss gently.
- Add the dressing ingredients to a small bowl and whisk using a fork to combine well.
- Dress the salad.
Share with friends
Chinese recipes to cook at home
Club 43 at the Radisson Edwardian Hotel Manchester
Related Blog Posts
1 Apr 2019Alzheimer's Society Cupcake Day retu...
23 Mar 2019Upkeep and different contemplations f...
7 Feb 2019Chicken Malai Tikka Nutritional Benef...