Roasted Butternut Squash with Blue Cheese and Apple & Cider Brandy ChutneyPosted on: 28 March 2018 by Olderiswiser Editorial
For a vegetarian option or stunning accompaniment to your Easter dinner this sunday, Tracklements have provided the recipe for their Roasted Butternut Squash with Blue Cheese and Apple & Cider Brandy Chutney.
Here’s an original dish for Easter that everyone will love whether they eat meat, or not. Perfect for adding some colour to your plate, butternut squash is a versatile ingredient that goes a long way and when Tracklements Apple & Cider Brandy Chutney joins the party, we’re talking a major flavour explosion!
This succulent chutney is made with Kentish Bramley apples and a liberal measure of Somerset cider brandy for a boozy kick.
ROASTED BUTTERNUT SQUASH WITH BLUE CHEESE AND APPLE & CIDER BRANDY CHUTNEY (serves 2)
- 1 butternut squash
- 8 sage leaves
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 150g Blue cheese crumbled
- 4 heaped tbsps. Tracklements Apple & Cider Brandy Chutney
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C/375°F/gas mark 5.
- Halve the butternut squash, scoop out the seeds.
- Score the flesh up to, but not through, the skin.
- Finely chop the sage and mix with the olive oil.
- Drizzle the sage mixture over the butternut squash and roast in the oven for around 40 mins until nearly cooked.
- Spoon the Apple & Cider Brandy Chutney into the bowl of the squash and scatter blue cheese over the top.
- Pop back into the oven until the cheese has melted and the squash is cooked through.
- Serve in the skin with a big salad or herb-packed couscous.
Apple & Cider Brandy Chutney RRP £3.40 for 320g, is available from Ocado and Whole Foods, as well as good fine food delis and farm shops nationwide and online at www.tracklements.co.uk/chutneys.
Tracklements has spent over 45 years sniffing out the most delicious recipes and hunting down the finest, natural ingredients in the heart of Wiltshire to curate its eclectic collection of over 60 mustards, chutneys, relishes and sauces.
Share with friends
Chinese recipes to cook at home
Club 43 at the Radisson Edwardian Hotel Manchester
Related Blog Posts
1 Apr 2019Alzheimer's Society Cupcake Day retu...
23 Mar 2019Upkeep and different contemplations f...
7 Feb 2019Chicken Malai Tikka Nutritional Benef...