Spicy tomato saladPosted on: 07 July 2020 by 50connect editorial
There are few faster lunches than a salad. Guy Campbell whips up a spicy tomato salad light lunch / starter.
This recipe originates from Jamaica but it's South American origins are obvious. It is great as a light lunch served with warm crusty bread and a bottle of wine. It's very quick and easy to prepare so is a handy recipe to have up your sleeve if you're entertaining since it makes a great starter.
- 12 plum tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Medium sized Onion peeled and sliced
- 1 Red chilli; finely sliced
- 4 teaspoons lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon fresh root ginger peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons light soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped coriander leaves
- 5 salad onions thinly sliced
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
1) Slice the tomatoes and gently toss in a bowl with the sugar and pepper.
2) In a separate bowl, mix together the onion, chilli, lemon juice and grated ginger.
3) Leave to stand for 15 minutes, then stir the two mixtures together.
4) Add the soy sauce, coriander and salad onions, Stir in the Olive oil.
By Guy Campbell
Share with friends
Chinese recipes to cook at home
Club 43 at the Radisson Edwardian Hotel Manchester
Related Blog Posts
1 Apr 2019Alzheimer's Society Cupcake Day retu...
23 Mar 2019Upkeep and different contemplations f...
7 Feb 2019Chicken Malai Tikka Nutritional Benef...