January in the veggie patchPosted on: 05 January 2017 by Gareth Hargreaves
Gardeners, en garde! It's time to prepare for the year ahead!
If like us you're glad to see the back of the festive indulgence and are keen to shift some of the newly acquired girth, January provides the perfect opportunity with jobs aplenty in the garden. Here are a few pointers for work to do, and things to plant.
- Clear and burn any rubbish which will not compost
- Plan Rotation
- Order seeds
- If seed potatoes arrive, lay out to chit
- Open onion/shallot sets and lay out to stop rot and/or sprouting
- Mulch of compost on rhubarb crowns
- Plant bushes and canes as soon as you get them
Whats in season?
- Brussels Sprouts
- Cabbage - Savoy
- Salsify and Scorzonera
By Gavin Keir
Share with friends
Related Blog Posts
23 Nov 2018How to Lay A Patio Like the Professio...
31 Oct 2018Garden goldmines | 5 projects for gre...
1 Oct 2018How To Zen Out Your Garden With The P...