Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 9 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 6 slices of streaky bacon
- 150g mozzarella, sliced and patted dry
- 6 small buns, halved
- Heat the grill to high. Lay the asparagus spears on a large plate, drizzle with oil, a squeeze of lemon juice and season then shake the plate to roll the spears until they are well coated.
- Grill the asparagus and bacon on both sides until golden and cooked. Return the asparagus to the oily plate and roll it in the dressing once more.
- Toast the cut sides of the buns. Cut the asparagus spears in half to fit into the buns. Top one-half of each bun with asparagus then a slice of mozzarella. Return to the grill to melt the cheese.
- Cut the bacon to fit the buns then top each slider with a crisp piece of bacon and the top half of the bun.
Recipe provided by British AsparagusLast modified: June 10, 2021