Inspired by this season’s Great British Bake Off gingerbread showstoppers, previous finalist Holly Bell, shares her trusted recipe for ginger nut cookies that will impress even the toughest of judges.
Serves: 6 people
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 12 minutes
- 70g Walnuts
- 115g Self raising flour
- 115g Plain flour
- 200g Soft brown sugar
- 100ml Mild olive oil
- 20ml Honey
- 1 Large egg, beaten
- 1 flat tsp Ground ginger
- 1 flat tsp Cinnamon
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas Mark 4.
- Roughly chop the ginger and walnuts into small pieces.
- In a bowl, combine the sugar, beaten egg, honey and oil, then add the flour, ginger, walnuts and spices and mix well.
- Divide the mixture into 24 pieces, shape into a round and flatten slightly.
- Place on greased baking trays, with room between to spread. Bake for about 12 minutes until golden brown then transfer from the baking sheets onto a baking rack to cool before serving.
Last modified: September 2, 2016