Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5-8 minutes
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 240g pack tuna steaks
- Spray olive oil (x 4 sprays)
- Half 300g pack smooth Tofu
- 1 tsp Chinese rice vinegar
- 1 lime, plus wedges to serve
- Half tsp wasabi paste or powder, or to taste
- 100g cucumber
- 2 giant wholemeal baps, halved and toasted
- 2 tbsp sushi ginger
- 75g pack pea shoots
- Place the sesame seeds on a plate. Press the tuna into the seeds to coat. Warm a frying pan with spray oil over a high heat. When hot, add the tuna and cook for 2 minutes on each side for rare, or 4 minutes each side for well done.
- Meanwhile, to make the ‘mayo’, place the tofu, rice vinegar, 1 teaspoon lime juice, wasabi and seasoning in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Using a vegetable peeler, cut the cucumber into long thin strips. Spread some mayo on the cut sides of the baps. Top with the tuna, followed by the cucumber, ginger and pea shoots.
- Serve immediately with wedges of lime to squeeze over and any remaining mayo on the side.