Asparagus fettuccinePosted on: 13 May 2020 by 50connect editorial
Asparagus coupled with fettucine is a light, healthy and delicously simple treat.
While we are all social distancing and limiting the amount of time we can spend out of the house, the opportunity has arisen to experiment and try new things. It's true we're coming to the back end of the British asparagus season, but there is still plenty around.
This simple pasta dish is light but satisfying and really allows the asparagus to shine. Follow the recipe below, for an easy treat.
- 375g/12oz Fettuccine pasta
- 225g/8oz asparagus, trimmed and cut into 2.5cm/1 inch pieces
- 225g/8oz French beans, cut into 2.5cm/1 inch pieces
- 15ml/1tbsp groundnut oil
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 2.5cm/1 inch root ginger, chopped
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 30ml/2tbsp water
- 30ml/2tbsp shoyu
- 30ml/2tbsp crunchy peanut butter
- 15g/1/2 oz basil, torn
- 15ml/1tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 25g/1 oz plain peanuts, roasted and chopped
To garnish extra basil leaves
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet, drain and keep warm.
- Steam the asparagus and green beans for 5 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a wok and quickly fry the chilli, garlic, ginger and spring onions for 1 minute. Add the asparagus and green beans, mix well and cook for 2 minutes.
- Cream the water, shoyu and peanut butter together and stir into the vegetables with the basil and sesame oil. Add the warm pasta and toss well to combine.
- Turn into a serving dish and sprinkle with the peanuts. Garnish with basil leaves and serve.
Copyright The Vegetarian Society
Share with friends
Related Blog Posts
1 Feb 2019How to make boneless chicken thigh
4 Aug 201810 Best Steaks to Grill For Your Dinner
4 Apr 2018Passion fruit cheesecake (Maracuja)