Asparagus, mozzarella & bacon slidersPosted on: 31 March 2017 by 50connect editorial
These quick and easy bites make for a straightforward delicious lunch, or nibbles at a dinner party – perfect for a spring picnic.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 9 asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 tsp olive oil
- Juice of half a lemon
- 6 slices of streaky bacon
- 150g mozzarella, sliced and patted dry
- 6 small buns, halved
- Heat the grill to high. Lay the asparagus spears on a large plate, drizzle with oil, a squeeze of lemon juice and season then shake the plate to roll the spears until they are well coated.
- Grill the asparagus and bacon on both sides until golden and cooked. Return the asparagus to the oily plate and roll it in the dressing once more.
- Toast the cut sides of the buns. Cut the asparagus spears in half to fit into the buns. Top one-half of each bun with asparagus then a slice of mozzarella. Return to the grill to melt the cheese.
- Cut the bacon to fit the buns then top each slider with a crisp piece of bacon and the top half of the bun.
Recipe provided by British Asparagus
Share with friends
Related Blog Posts
1 Feb 2019How to make boneless chicken thigh
4 Aug 201810 Best Steaks to Grill For Your Dinner
4 Apr 2018Passion fruit cheesecake (Maracuja)