Chocolate walnut dipped strawberry ice popsPosted on: 30 July 2018 by 50connect editorial
Chocolate walnut dipped strawberry ice pops - super simple fruit lolly recipe that can be done with the grandchildren over the summer hols.
School holidays are with us again and for many that means looking after grandchildren. Here is an engaging kitchen activity for all ages that will keep them occupied, result in a delicious treat and cement your position as an ice lolly-creating kitchen genius.
Preparation time: 15 mins (plus 4 hours freezing time)
For the ice pops:
- 3 cups strawberries, halved and stems removed
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/2 cup water
- For the dip and garnish:
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 cup California walnuts, finely or roughly chopped
- Combine the strawberries, honey, and water in a blender. Puree until smooth, then pour into ice lolly moulds and freeze for at least 4 hours.
- To make the chocolate dip, combine the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a heat-proof bowl and place over a simmering saucepan of water. Stir until melted, then remove from the heat. Place the chopped walnuts onto a plate.
- Run the ice lolly mould under warm water and remove one pop from the mould.
- Quickly dip it in the chocolate dip, then immediately dip in the chopped walnuts.
- Set on a plate to harden, then work your way through the other pops. They can be eaten immediately, or refrozen.
Share with friends
Related Blog Posts
1 Feb 2019How to make boneless chicken thigh
4 Aug 201810 Best Steaks to Grill For Your Dinner
4 Apr 2018Passion fruit cheesecake (Maracuja)