Chorizo and shallot galettePosted on: 18 August 2017 by Eloise Craven-Todd
This quick and easy galette with shallots and chorizo serves as a great option for a light, on-the-go lunch.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
cooking time: 40 minutes
- 100g cooking chorizo, sliced
- 8 shallots, quartered
- 1 sheet ready rolled puff pastry
- 2 roast peppers, sliced, from a jar is fine
- 125g mozzarella, torn into pieces
- 1 egg, beaten
- Basil leaves to serve
- Heat the oven to 220C/200C fan/Gas 7.
- Cook the chorizo in a frying pan until crisp on each side. Remove with a slotted spoon and set aside. Reduce the heat and cook the shallots gently while you put together the rest of the tart. Don’t over brown the chorizo and shallots as they will continue to cook in the oven.
- Unroll the pastry and gently pull out the long sides and trim off the corners so it becomes more circular. Lay it on a non-stick baking tray.
- Leaving a 3cm border of pastry clear, fork lots of small holes in the centre area of the pastry then scatter with the chorizo, pepper, chunks of mozzarella and finally the shallots. Carefully fold the edges of the pastry up to slightly overlap the edges of the filling. Brush the crust with egg wash and bake in the oven for 30-35 minutes until the pastry is crisp and puffed up and the filling is dry and browned.
- When ready to serve, scatter with basil leaves.
Recipe provided by UK Shallot
Share with friends
Related Blog Posts
1 Feb 2019How to make boneless chicken thigh
4 Aug 201810 Best Steaks to Grill For Your Dinner
4 Apr 2018Passion fruit cheesecake (Maracuja)