Eggs FlorentinePosted on: 13 January 2017 by Eloise Craven-Todd
Ham, eggs and chips is a thing of the past, spruce up your weekend breakfasts with crème fraîche, spinach and a wholemeal muffin.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 4 large free range eggs
- 2 x 200g pack of spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp low fat British crème fraîche
- 1–2 tsp wholegrain mustard with honey
- 90g pack honey roasted ham
- 4 wholemeal muffins, split and toasted
- 2 tbsp snipped chives
- Bring a large pan of water to the boil. Crack an egg into a cup, then gently tip into the boiling water. Repeat for all 4 eggs. Remove the pan from heat and set it aside for 4-5 minutes until the eggs are softly set.
- Meanwhile, place the washed spinach in a large saucepan. Cover with a lid and cook gently for 2 minutes until wilted. Drain and squeeze out any excess liquid.
- Put the cooked spinach into a bowl and mix in the crème fraîche and mustard. Place a slice of ham on each toasted muffin half and top with the spinach mixture.
- Top each with a poached egg. Sprinkle over the chives, season with black pepper and serve swiftly.
For a twist on the Florentine, this would work equally well with scrambled eggs, or use a slice of smoked salmon instead of the ham.
For more healthy recipes, visit Waitrose
Share with friends
Related Blog Posts
1 Feb 2019How to make boneless chicken thigh
4 Aug 201810 Best Steaks to Grill For Your Dinner
4 Apr 2018Passion fruit cheesecake (Maracuja)