Guilt-free vegan bakesPosted on: 07 November 2016 by 50connect editorial
Whatever your reason, choosing to go vegan doesn't have to mean giving up your favourite treats.
Takes: 15 minutes plus chilling
- 100g raw whole oats
- 100g ground almonds
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 70g coconut oil, melted
- 90g Brazil nut butter
- 100g vegan chocolate
- Line a loaf tin or similar sized tupperware with greaseproof paper.
- Whizz the oats in a blender until they are a similar consistency to the ground almonds. Add the almonds and agave and whizz again, then add 2tbsp water and blend until the mixture starts to form clumps.
- Press the mixture into the prepared tin then freeze while you make the next layer.
- Melt the coconut oil and combine 50g with the Brazil nut butter, spread it over the oat base and return to the freezer.
- Carefully melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of barely simmering water. Once completely melted, remove the bowl from the pan, stir in the remaining coconut oil and allow to cool for a few minutes.
- When the Brazil nut layer has set pour the chocolate over the top and spread to the edges. Put in the fridge until everything is firm.
- Cut into bite size pieces and serve. Keep in the fridge.
More vegan baking inspiration can be found at Meridian Foods
Raspberry and banana crumble
- 50g Organic Porridge Oats
- 1 bananas
- 100g raspberries
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- 15g desiccated coconut
- 15g ground almonds
- 10g chia seeds
- 35g coconut oil, melted
- Preheat the oven to 180°C
- Slice the bananas into small chunks and add to an ovenproof dish along with the raspberries. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and place in the oven for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the crumble topping by mixing the oats, desiccated coconut, ground almonds, chia seeds, coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
- When the fruit has finished its initial cook time, top with an even layer of the crumble mix and place back in the oven for a further 15-20 minutes or until golden brown on top
- Spoon into bowls and serve with vegan yogurt or ice-cream.
Recipe provided by Flahavan's, further recipes can be found at their food pages.
Share with friends
Related Blog Posts
1 Feb 2019How to make boneless chicken thigh
4 Aug 201810 Best Steaks to Grill For Your Dinner
4 Apr 2018Passion fruit cheesecake (Maracuja)