Hot chocolate and salted caramel potsPosted on: 14 October 2016 by 50connect editorial
Indulge yourself with this deliciously warming salted caramel and hot chocolate pudding – perfect for a cosy night in.
Preparation time: 10 minutes plus 3 minutes standing time
Cooking time: 12 minutes
- 75g caramel dipping sauce
- Quarter tsp sea salt
- 75g 70% plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- 25g butter
- 2 free range eggs
- 40g caster sugar
- Quarter tsp vanilla bean paste
- 25g plain flour
- Cocoa powder, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Divide the caramel evenly between 2 x 325ml ovenproof dishes and sprinkle with the salt.
- Place the chocolate and butter into a small, heavy-based saucepan and melt over a very low heat, keeping a close eye on it to prevent it from burning. Remove from the heat and leave to cool slightly.
- Place the eggs, sugar, and vanilla into an electric mixer and whisk for 8-10 minutes until thick and doubled in size. Fold the cool – but still liquid – chocolate into the egg mixture followed by the flour. Spoon the mixture over the caramel and level it to ensure all the caramel is covered.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes until risen and just starting to set in the centre. Remove from the oven and leave to rest for 3 minutes, then dust with cocoa powder and serve with vanilla ice cream.
Recipe provided by Waitrose, for more cooking inspiration visit their recipe pages.
Share with friends
Related Blog Posts
1 Feb 2019How to make boneless chicken thigh
4 Aug 201810 Best Steaks to Grill For Your Dinner
4 Apr 2018Passion fruit cheesecake (Maracuja)