Potato, spinach and chickpea curryPosted on: 06 November 2016 by 50connect editorial
This deliciously rich and flavoursome vegan curry is packed with healthy spices and vegetables that will leave you feeling great inside and out.
Serves: 4 people
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 120 minutes
- 400g white potatoes
- 1 bag spinach
- 1 medium white onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic - to taste
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- Chickpeas - drained and rinsed
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1tsp chilli powder
- 1tsp oil
- Fresh coriander - handful
- Salt and pepper
- Finely chop the garlic and slice onions.
- Add oil to a large pan, and then fry the garlic and onions on a low heat for 5 minutes.
- Turn the heat up and add the potatoes, add the spices and stir to coat the veg, cook for 3-4 minutes stirring constantly to toast the spice.
- Add the tin of chopped tomatoes, and add 200ml water.
- Simmer on a low heat for 1hr to 1 ½ hours until the potatoes are almost cooked.
- Add the chickpeas to the pan; turn the heat up and cook for a further 20-30 minutes.
- Just before serving, add in the bag of spinach and stir until it starts to wilt.
Finish with roughly chopped coriander.
Visit Aldi recipes for more vegan inspiration.
Share with friends
Related Blog Posts
1 Feb 2019How to make boneless chicken thigh
4 Aug 201810 Best Steaks to Grill For Your Dinner
4 Apr 2018Passion fruit cheesecake (Maracuja)